Andree 3000 has been out of the spotlight for a few years now but he just did an interview and style project with GQ. Here are 7 of the most interesting things we learned from this article:
1. Andre has a certified nuclear bomb shelter in his apartment in NYC.
2. He says he’s mastered a musical instrument but doesn’t feel he’s a strong rapper.
3. He wants to design a line of Anita Baker T-shirts.
4. Andre says he was in a creative hole and a depressed state after his parents passed away. He admits, “The problem with being successful is you can do whatever you do times ten. And no one to stop you. You can easily go down the wrong path and you get into that place. And the thing that brings you out is other people.”
5. He has social anxiety.
6. He has hours and hours of unreleased music that probably won’t come out until he’s dead.
7. He says “Big Boi is smart as fuck.”